Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lasagna Success!

Originally posted December 14, 2010 on Time to be Mom.

I'm so excited!  Tonight was my first attempt at homemade lasagna.  I have been wanting to try to make it forever.  It seems to be a staple for a lot of people who like to make food ahead- you can cook the meat and veggies ahead or the whole thing.  I was a little nervous about how difficult it would be and the results.  I found a recipe (thanks to the  Life as MOM website) that was not only fairly easy, but includes TWO cups of vegetables!!  The lasagna recipe I used was written by Ann Hodgman and can be found at the Wonder Time website.

It took a little longer to make than I was hoping but I think that, with some practice, I should be able to put it together in under half an hour.  You can also adjust the recipe for which type of meat you want in it (or none at all) and which vegetables you use.  I used whole wheat lasagna noodles and spinach, mushrooms and onions as my vegetables.  Even Josh ate it (except some of the mushrooms- I'll chop them up smaller next time)!




Of course I forgot to take pictures until I had already served out our dinner, but you can still see some of the layering and the browned cheese on top.  A note: I went out to feed the horses while it was baking and that took a little longer than usual due to the cold.  When I came back in, the timer was going off (I don't know for how long), so my cheese is a little more browned than it should be.  Luckily it wasn't "burned" and was just delicious!  I'll definitely be adding this to my favorites list!

No comments:

Post a Comment